1.04.2010

If you wondered....

Easy Easy Breadsticks

1 1/2 c warm water
1 T yeast
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 c flour
1/4 c butter
garlic salt
parmesan cheese

Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a large bowl, then add flour and salt. Kneed for 3 minutes (add up to 1/2 c more flour if the dough seems too sticky). Let stand 10 minutes. Heat oven to 375. Melt 1/4 c butter on cookie sheet (*don't let it burn!). Roll dough on floured countertop to about 1" thickness (I roll it out so it is about as long and wide as my cookie sheet). Cut in rectangular strips with a pizza cutter. Roll strips in melted butter, twist, sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Bake for about 18 minutes until golden brown.
*This recipe easily doubles*

Enjoy and let me know if you need any help or have any questions! Happy baking!

4 comments:

C.J. said...

I loved those breadsticks. I made sure to show Tania the recipe! Thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

You read my mind! I WAS wondering! Thank you again, we loved them!

Jenn said...

Ahhhh, thank you, thank you Leslie!! Now if I could only get them to taste half as good as yours!! Thanks for posting the recipe for us!!

Les said...

I'm so glad they were liked!